Hong Kong’s Highway Department is inviting bids for an 83-month road project that includes tunnelling, flyover upgrades, a noise enclousure and demolition work.
The works are scheduled to commence in August 2017 and will take about 83 months to complete. The works mainly include:
* construction of a section of tunnel of approximately 390 metres long between Yau Cheung Road and Shanghai Street;
* reprovisioning of Gascoigne Road Flyover (Kansu Street Section) of approximately 300m to the west of Nathan Road;
* design and construction of noise mitigation measures including noise barriers of about 510m long and noise enclosure of about 500m long;
* demolition of the existing Yau Ma Tei Multi-storey Carpark Building, Yau Ma Tei Specialist Clinic Extension Building and Yau Ma Tei Jade Hawker Bazaar;
* construction and maintenance of a composite building for the temporary Public Library cum Jade Hawker Bazaar and a building for the temporary Maternal and Child Health Centre;
* reprovisioning of a methadone clinic in the Yau Ma Tei Jockey Club Polyclinic Building; and
* associated electrical and mechanical works, civil works, drainage and landscaping works.
The HyD has appointed Arup-Mott MacDonald Joint Venture as the consultant to design and supervise the construction works. Interested contractors can obtain the tender forms and other particulars from Arup-Mott MacDonald Joint Venture at 20/F, AIA Kowloon Tower, Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.